Wildlife Camp Rates
Rates and Information subject to change without notice.
Since 1992 Wildlife Camp has built up its well-earned reputation as one of the best camps of South Luangwa National Park. Wildlife Camp has hosted visitors from all over the world drawn to this area for a safari experience of a lifetime. Wildlife Camp is a wildlife oasis where you can observe at close quarters the free roaming wildlife moving around in and around camp. The diverse habitat is home to spectacular wildlife including – Lion, leopard, wild dog, buffalo, elephant, hippos and many more species is can be found here.
Wildlife Camp offers a few different options at the camp. While our full-board option is the most popular and best value for money, please also take a moment to read through the additional information below.
Since the start of 2014 all tourism products in Zambia is subject to VAT and this 16% is already reflected in the rates below.
If you are a Travel Agent or a Tour Operator, please contact email@example.com for more information on STO rates.
If you are a ZAMBIAN Resident or Citizen, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Local rates.
Wildlife Camp’s full board option provide our guests with an affordable and carefree way of enjoying the Luanwga Valley. With two safaris a day (either walking safaris, driving safaris or village tours), scrumptious meals in between and a breathtaking view to stare at during the quiet hours of the day, what more do you need?
|All rates shown in USD (VAT incl.)
Rates are per person per night.
1 July – 31 October
1 November – 30 June
Overnight walking safari
|Self – catering||Chalet||Sharing||$70||$48|
|Elephant Overnight Hide||$120||$96|
- Accommodation in en-suite chalets OR en-suite tents
- 2 Activities per full day (village/textile tours, morning/night game drives, and walking safaris)
- All meals – breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and a three course dinner
- Laundry service
- Airport transfers
- Drinks from the bar
- Park entry fees
- Children under 2 years – free of charge
- Children 2-11 years – pay half rates
- Requires a minimum of 2 people
- No children under 12
- The camp runs from June through October
- Includes all meals, coffee/tea, 1 drink, accommodation, and activities
- Excludes other drinks
- The camp is rustic, no electricity, five 3m x 3m dome tents with twin beds, bush shower, and bush toilet
Bush Camp suggested Itinerary
- Afternoon tea sees the start of your walking safari to the bush camp.
- On arrival at the bush camp luggage and sun downer drinks await you.
- Dinner is cooked over an open fire while the guides keep you enthralled with stories of the bush and life in Zambia
- Early morning coffee and breakfast in camp followed by a walking safari back to the main camp.
Accommodation details & extras
- All our chalets and safari tents have en-suite bathrooms and toilets.
- We provide all bedding and towels. They are serviced daily.
- Chalets have 2 – 4 beds and extra beds can be arranged for children sharing with parents.
- Each safari tent has twin beds.
Self – catering
> Please note that these kitchens are for self-catering accomodations only and NOT for campers.
- Self-catering kitchens are nearby the safari tents and the lagoon-side chalets.
- These are included in the rates and the kitchens are equipped with only the basic utensils, plates, etc.
- Self-catering guests are welcome to order meals from our restaurant. Restaurant hours are:
07:00 – 13:00, 17:00 – 21:00. For dinner orders, please order before 16:00.
- Cook hire – if you would like a Cook to prepare meals for you this is at a cost of $30 per Cook per day,
$10 per Kitchen Helper per day, and needs to be booked 1 month in advance.
Elephant Overnight Hide
New photographic Hide. Can be booked to stay in overnight. Rate includes Breakfast
Rate includes breakfast at our restaurant, All bedding will be provided, make use of campsite ablution.
Please ask the office for more information
Check in 16:00pm , Check out 7:00am
Booking and payment information
A deposit of 50% of the quoted rate is required to confirm the booking
Full payment is due at least 30 days prior to arrival
We do not accept pre-payment by credit cards
Cancellations are subject to the following fees:
31 days – 60 days: 50% cancellation fee
30 – 0 days: 100% cancellation fee
(Please note that on all payments for cancellation fees- we will deduct a transaction fee of US$ 50)
Wildlife Camp activity rates 2020
|Rates are per person.||Details||Rates US$|
|Game drives*||Morning||06:00 – 10:15, includes tea/coffee||$55|
|Night||16:00 – 20:15, includes sundowner drink||$55|
|All Day||06:00am 18:00pm, incl. tea/coffee, lunch/drink, sundowner||$130|
|Walking safaris*||National Park||06:00 – 10:30, includes tea/coffee||$60|
|GMA||06:00 – 09:30, includes tea/ coffee||$50|
|Private vehicle||Activity or full board rate + this fee||$200|
|Photographic Vehicle||Activity or full board rate + this fee||$250|
|Airport transfers||per person one way, min of 2 people||$30|
|Village & Textile tours*||3 hour day time activity||$35|
All activity rates above exclude Park entry fees
- All park fees are subject to change
- GMA walks do not require entry fees
* Walks only available June through October
* No children under 12 years allowed on walks
* Drives, Walks, and Tours have min charge of 3 people